Monday, April 27, 2015

More cards inspired by StampNation Virtual Retreat

Hop you enjoyed the C.A.S.E. A Card Blog Hop on Saturday.  You still have until 11:59 p.m. EST to hop and comment on the posts to be entered into the prize drawing.  You can find the hop by clicking HERE.


As you may have read last week StampNation (see right side bar for link with more details on this great site) hosted a virtual retreat.  It was great fun and there was lots of great challenges.

The next set of cards were for the Techniques Try It Challenge.

I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out. I used Ranger Distress inks and copics
(on the flower petals because I couldn't get distress inks dark enough to show up over the bricks).
It is supposed to resemble graffiti. 



Then I moved on to trying out the ghosting technique.




So the point was to try techniques you've never tried before.  I started with stencil over stencil and creating faux brick look.

Tried the ghosting technique using VersaMark and Distress inks.
The pattern is very subtle in the pics but you can see it in real life.
 


Second pic is a close up of the background ghosting.
Then I played with ghosting in a different way.  This one uses stamp cleaner as a bleaching agent.
You create the background using water based inks. I used Ranger Distress Inks and then you spritz
your stamp with stamp cleaner (I used Stampin' Mist by Stampin' Up) and stamp the images. It
then "bleaches" the image into the background.  You can substitute plain water for the stamp cleaner
but you get a much more subtle effect than this. 

Stop in on Wednesday for more of my challenge cards.

Happy Crafting
Theresa

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments!