Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Christmas Glitter Ornaments


Well I've gotten them all glittered and a couple of the big ones done.  I'll be finishing the little ones for all the nieces and nephews on Friday.  I'm going to glass etch their first initial on them with the the year on the back. I asked them their favorites colors, thus all the repeats of colors.  Still need to buy another box of large ones, to make a married first Christmas together ornament for my 18yr old niece, who surprised us all in July by getting married at the courthouse while in Colorado without telling anyone, including her mother until it was over. Wagging finger -- "Bad, Lishy!" -- They are having a ceremony on their 1st anniversary for the family, but since this will be their first Christmas, an ornament is in order.

The large pink one is Tay's for this year and is done in pink glitter with black embossing powder to match her room.  It was my first time trying embossing and it turned out OK, but it was harder to work with than etching so I probably won't do many more that way. Rachie's is the teal one and hers will have brown embossing for her room, but I have to go get some as I have every color under the rainbow but brown.

The Cricut is for my Scrap Happy display (the store where I teach Cricut classes), then home to my scrap area, when I finally get one.

The red with snowflakes is also for Scrap Happy and it is made with Silhouette flocked heat transfer material and has three different snowflakes around it.  I just love how it turned out.

Well more Christmas projects to come.  I'm working on a family frame as a gift for my sister-in-law.  Last year I gave her glass etched canisters for her kitchen.

I've also got a tote bag for the youngest niece in the works, just waiting on more flocked vinyl colors to come in.

And since my last post which was an eternity ago, I won a Yudu at a Cricut event in Cincinnati, so I've got shirts and tote bags planned too.  Not to mention I've got to finish the sample projects for my January and February cartridge exploration classes.  Good thing my photography season is winding down.

Happy Crafting!
Theresa

1 comment:

  1. These are beautiful! I look forward to seeing what you do with the Yudu. I want one so bad! :)

    ReplyDelete

We love comments!